Business Fire Detection
UK Business Safety Week 2015 Statistics
Fires, deaths and injuries over the ten years from 2003/04 to 2013/14 were:
- 11,156 fires in retail and vehicle trade premises resulting in 378 casualties, including 12 fatalities
- 8,837 fires in recreational and other cultural services resulting in 115 casualties, including 3 fatalities
- 5,041 fires in restaurants, cafes, pubs, etc. resulting in 270 casualties, including 5 fatalities
- 4,208 fires in schools resulting in 129 casualties
- 3,648 fires in hospitals and healthcare resulting in 412 casualties, including 4 fatalities
- 2,823 fires in industrial premises resulting in 102 casualties, including 1 fatality
- 1,846 fires in hotels, boarding houses, hostels, etc. resulting in 172 casualties, including 4 fatalities
- 924 fires in FE, HE and pre-schools resulting in 19 casualties
Are you thinking of installing a fire detection alarm system in your building premises?
Or perhaps you are dissatisfied with your existing service provider. If you are then call us to receive fair professional advice. You can be reassured that all fire alarm works undertaken by us is in compliance with BS5839 and that BAFE certificates are issued for you to provide to your insurers.
And remember that by using a BAFE registered company it gives the appointed person responsible for fire safety in your organisation the confidence that they are using a competent service provider.
Caldera FS offers a complete business Fire Alarm solution including:
Service and Maintenance
Caldera have provided excellent advice and service for many years at a number of our leisure centres.Danny Churcher, Parkwood Leisure
The law states that every business has a legal duty to undertake a fire risk assessment at their premises.